Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Brownout

I followed up my application at the one remaining company I had aplpied to.  A horrible news, and an unusual one. They told me that I fell short of 6 points in the second part of the exam.

It's brownout in most of Manila today.  No water, no electricity.  A storm passed by last night. It's huffing and puffing, trying to blew our house down.  I opened the doors and the windows to keep the pressure down and keep our house steady.

But I am not steady.  In the morning, whilst awake at around 9am, the first thing that came to my mind is having no job, having nothing to do, nowhere to go, no companies to apply to... I tried drowning the thought by falling back to sleep.  I have literal nightmares.  I also dreamt when I was still in College, and everything was doing well.  I stood up from my bed at around 11 in the morning.

I told myself, this is not how I should act.  I tried going back to the story of one person I truly admire.  Benjamin Franklin.  A self-made person, not having educated in prestigious schools, but was able to succeed.

I opened my book and read about Java programming.  I did not notice that the book I used when I took a class in C++ programming also contained Java programming at the later chapters.  So this has kept me busy all day.

Sigh. Best of luck with job hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment